Long eyelashes are a timeless beauty trait that many women desire. Some even use eyelash extensions or false eyelashes to achieve the look. However, these methods can cause allergic reactions, infections or other problems. Therefore, a much safer choice is to use a DIY Eyelash Serum Castor Oil. Here is how you can do this at home!
DIY Eyelash Serum Castor Oil At Home For Naturally Long Eyelashes
Genetics contribute a great part in having long eyelashes or not. Even so, people who are not lucky with the long eyelashes gene can always improve their lash conditions with some lash serum. Castor oil can help nourish your lashes and when combined with the right ingredients, stimulate hair cells to grow. And, for people who are lucky enough to have long eyelashes, eyelash serum should be a part of your eyelash care routine. We usually forget that eyelashes need care for as well. Castor oil hydrates and keeps your long eyelashes in shape, prevent them from breakage and thinning.
What you need:
- Castor oil is a natural source of fatty acid, proteins and vitamins that can help your eyelash grow longer
- Emu oil is moisturizing and nourishing. In addition, it can penetrate into the deeper layer of your hair cells but does not clog your pores.
- Coconut oil
- Vitamin E oil (optional)
Castor oil has been known to be a great ingredient to help lengthen and thicken hair. It is widely used in many hair growth products. When castor oil is combined with emu oil, coconut oil and vitamin E, this DIY eyelash serum castor oil will have a diversity of fatty acids and nutrients to help speed eyelash growth.
TIP: You can actually add 1 drop of lavender essential oil to this recipe to have an even better result. Additionally, you can learn more about how essential oils help grow your lashes with this article. However, it is recommended to do your research before using essential oils.
Castor Oil Eyelash Serum Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 teaspoon emu oil (optional, can use extra castor oil instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 capsules Vitamin E oil (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a small dropper bottle. Then, seal and shake to mix well.
- Squeeze about 1 drop of this serum of your finger or a Q-tip and gently massage it into your lash line. It is best to use this at night. The serum will have time to soak in your lash roots overnight.
- Use daily for best results. You can see a difference in your lashes after about 14 days.
TIP: You can also use this on your eyebrows if they are prone to thinning.
This can last up to one year if you keep it in an air-tight container. Avoid contaminate it with any other liquids like water, aloe, makeup, soap, etc.
- Even though castor oil is a natural ingredient, you can still develop an allergic reaction to it. Do a patch test of this DIY eyelash serum castor oil on your inner arm before you use it on your lash.
- Avoid getting them into your eyes. If this happens, wash your eyes under running water immediately. When the conditions get worse, please consult a doctor.
- Ask your doctor before using it if you have any eye diseases.
- After using this eyelash serum, if your eyes feel itchy, red, irritated or burning, stop using immediately and consult a doctor.
Even though there is no way to deny the benefits of castor oil in growing your lashes, there is not any scientific research behind this DIY eyelash serum castor oil. It can take as long as 3-6 months to actually see the result. Why don’t you try our newest product – FEG Plus Eyelash Vitalizer? It is completely safe to use on the eyes and you can see a difference in your lashes in 14 days! Because FEG Plus Eyelash Vitalizer is rich in nutrients and vitamins that will provide your lashes a “boost”, stimulate hair cells to grow as well as nourish your lash health.