Castor oil is one of the best ingredients to promote hair growth. It is widely used in many hair growth products and even in DIY recipes. However, if you are allergic to castor oil, or can’t find them anywhere, then this blog will show you 2 recipes for DIY Eyelash Serum Without Castor Oil.
DIY EYELASH SERUM WITHOUT CASTOR OIL RECIPES
1. Eyelash Growth Serum DIY Recipe
This first recipe is a booster for your lashes. This DIY eyelash serum recipe only needs 2 ingredients and it is without castor oil.
What you need is:
Argan oil is full of antioxidants like Vitamin E and fatty acids. That’s the reason why it is great to nourish, hydrate and promote healthy lash growth. Also, argan oil can help repair the damage done by harsh chemicals (lash glue, mascara).
Liquid biotin is also called Vitamin H and it’s specifically good for your hair (and skin!). When your lashes are prone to thin, breakage and brittleness – liquid biotin is for you!
How to make it:
1. Pour argan oil about half of an empty mascara tube.
2. Drop around 5 to 10 drops of liquid biotin.
3. Then, seal and shake the mascara tube to mix well.
4. Use the mascara wand to apply this mixture to your eyes once to twice a day.
2. Strengthen Lash Growth Serum
This DIY recipe is great for strengthening and lengthening your eyelashes. However, it does not have the greatest smell. Some people find the smell of neem oil quite terrible but its benefits for hair growth are undeniable.
What you need is:
Neem oil has been known to be “magical” for hair growth due to it is very rich with fatty acids like linoleic and oleic acids. It can nourish and deep condition dry and brittle lashes back to health. Additionally, neem oil also regenerates hair cells and stimulates the hair follicles to grow.
Sweet almond oil has a much lighter consistency and also a sweeter smell. Hence, it is a great oil to mix with neem oil. This oil contains fatty acids and vitamin E, which all have a lash-boosting effect.
How you make it:
1. Pour the mixture of 70:30 of sweet almond oil to neem oil in an empty mascara tube.
2. Then, seal and shake to mix well.
3. Use the mascara wand to apply this mixture to your lashes every day.
- Even though neem oil is great for skin and hair, only buy them from a reliable source to have the best quality neem oil. We recommend buying 100% Cold-pressed Neem Oil.
- Always test if you’re allergic to any ingredients of the recipe by putting it on your inner arm. Never test it on your face first to avoid any adverse reaction.
- You should avoid applying eyelash serum overnight because it can get into your eyes.
- If your eyes are irritated, itchy or red after using, stop immediately and consult a doctor.
- If the eyelash serum gets into your eyes, wash it under running water. Consult your doctor if the condition gets worse.
These DIY eyelash serum recipes are great, but there is not any scientific research behind these remedies. They can only hydrate and nourish your lashes but not necessarily promote lash growth. Our newest product FEG Plus Eyelash Vitalizer can do both! It can help you to grow your lash stronger, thicker and longer but at the same time, improve your lash health.