Lately, there has been a growth in popularity of eyelash enhancing serums in stores; which promise to strengthen, thicken and darken those tiny hairs. You can easily see before-and-after photos on every advertisement; which seems so good to be true. But do you know exactly what eyelash enhancing serum is? And does it really work? Is it safe to use on your eyes? In this article; we would talk about the advantages and disadvantages of eyelash enhancing serum you might not know.
WHAT IS EYELASH ENHANCING SERUM? DOES IT REALLY WORK?
1. What is eyelash enhancing serum?
Just like other serums you use on your face; eyelash serums concentrates on nurturing your lash line, and somehow affects the life cycle of eyelash growth; boosts the length and darkness of the lashes. Designed as an eyeliner, eyelash serum seems simple enough to use. You just have to apply the conditioner in a thin line at the base of your eyelashes. One stroke on the roots of the lashes near the eyelid everyday is recommended. But do not let it stay on the skin of the eyelid; or else it might cause some allergies.
Many of the eyelash growth serums you buy in stores cannot do anything to your lashes. However, if you understand which ingredients they contain; you can find out the best eyelash serums that work. Some of those ingredients are:
- Biotin : It is also known as vitamin H and vitamin B7. These vitamins help reduce hair thinning, brittle finger nails; or skin rash situations. By strengthening keratin, the protein that makes up hair; it protects lashes from damaging.
- Castor oil: A vegetable oil pressed from castor beans always helps you with the glossing and coating effect; gives the illusion that hairs are thicker. And it may also prevent breakage as well.
- Peptides, panthenol, and sodium hyaluronate: most of these ingredients act as water binders or moisturizers. They can increase the flexibility of the hair; or coating them to make them look fresher and shinier.
2. Advantages and disadvantages of eyelash serums:
An eyelash enhancing serum can prolong the time until your lashes naturally fall out. As a result, it extends your lashes’ life cycle, so they don’t shed as quickly as it would. Some eyelash serums are FDA-approved to encourage lash growth; while other formulas only aid in the overall health of your lash hairs, which can make them more resistant to breakage and look fuller and healthier in return. A good eyelash serum is compatible and safe for eyelash extensions. It does not contain alcohol which loosens the eyelash extension adhesive. In fact, for those who have eyelash extension it is vital to apply an eyelash enhancer to keep their natural eyelash roots healthy; because the extensions can cause a lot of damage to the natural lash roots.
When using eyelash enhancing serums; irritation, including redness and puffiness can occur along the lash line and even the iris. Some of the serums can cause darkening of the iris; meaning that light color eyes can get darker spots within the iris. Additionally, some people may be allergic to the serums themselves or the preservatives in the serums; which can lead to an allergic reaction.
3. FEG PLUS | Intensive Eyelash Enhancer Nourishing Serum
FEG Eyelash Plus Serum works by activating the cells around your eyelids; then promoting rapid growth of eyelashes. The eyelashes will get longer, thicker and fuller within 14 days of using the product; but results can be visible 7 days after treatment. It is an intensive overnight lash conditioning treatment for those who do not have enough time to do eyelash extensions; or make-up everyday. Moreover, the serum can be worn on both your eyelashes and eyebrows; if you expect to achieve the double effects.